Fitness Instructor Wanted At Stellenbosch University.
Reporting to the Fitness Manager, the incumbent will work as an individual in a team environment to drive the success of the gymnasium and overall organization. The incumbent will be expected to maintain a well-groomed, professional and business-like appearance at all times.
- Conducting full gym tours with prospective members;
- Presenting the different gym pricing options to prospective members;
- Assisting members in completing various health and fitness assessments;
- Prescribing effective exercise programs and advice to members, depending on the individual needs of the member;
- Correcting exercise techniques where and when appropriate and providing alternative exercises to members based on their needs;
- Being solution-driven and assisting members in solving any queries that may arise from time-to-time;
- Establishing, maintaining and growing sound, positive relationships with fellow staff and organizational departments, suppliers, vendors, tenants and gym members;
- Ensuring that all weights and equipment are neatly and correctly stored and accessible at all times;
- Ensuring that members adhere to the various access control processes;
- Willingness to teach classes of floor and studio-based exercises set to music;
- Ensuring ethical, honest and responsible conduct at all times;
- Ensuring adherence to Occupational Health and Safety regulations, gym rules and organization policy and procedures at all times;
- Performing all necessary administrative functions for the position.
- Relevant qualification in health and fitness;
- Experience in the sport/health/fitness industry, including experience with gym equipment, exercise benefits, physical and health assessments and the interpretation thereof;
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Effective conflict management skills and techniques;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good attention to detail.
Closing date: 28 March 2018
Commencement of duties: As soon as possible
Enquiries regarding the job content: Francois Kotze on 021 808 9107, or on email@example.com
Enquiries regarding remuneration and benefits: Susan Visagie on 021 808 2753 or on firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries regarding technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753
Maties Gymnasium reserves the right to extend the closing date if deemed appropriate. Applicants may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
Maties Gymnasium reserves the right not to make an appointment for this position.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers